The FANS (Free Access for National Sports People) scheme provides support to the County’s leading sports performers through free access to a number of the County’s sports facilities for personal training and development.
Our FANS ambassadors compete in a huge range of sports and all have interesting stories regarding there sporting life!
Click here to see who all our FANS ambassadors are and to learn abit about them.
SLT FANS Scheme (Free Access for National Sports People)
The SLT F.A.N.S Scheme was established as an important sports development initiative providing support to the Country's leading talented and elite sports performers. The scheme aims to provide national level and above, sportspeople with free access to a number of the County's leisure and sports facilities for personal training and development.
The scheme entitles the athlete to free access to the use of all 5 Sentinel Leisure Trust sites including the fitness suite, fitness classes, swimming pools and thermal suites.
In return we ask members to participate in FANS days organised by Sentinel Leisure Trust to ‘give something back’ to the local community. On these FANS days, our athletes could be on hand to discuss their sport with members of the public who use our facilities whether this be training or dietary needs to competition and performance preparation. We also provide each FANS member personalised #thecompletegym training hoody which we ask them to wear during their local competitions to help promote the partnership. We fully understand that whilst on International and National duties Team apparel will be required to be worn to fulfil sponsorship duties.
Those athletes who are eligible for the SLT FANS scheme must submitt evidence or confirmation of their performance level, which must be endorsed by the appropriate National Governing Body of sport or equivalent.
Additional Terms and Conditions in Addition to Membership Terms and Conditions
1. In order to access the SLT Fans scheme, you must live or work in Waveney and Great Yarmouth.
2. You'll need supporting written evidence from your sport's national governing body that you're performing at the appropriate level to qualify for the scheme. This should include your national ranking and for it to be documented on national governing body headed paper, signed by the appropriate person and dated no more than one year prior to the application to the Fans scheme.
3. Each Fans member will be entitled to free use of the fitness suite, swimming pool thermal suite and fitness classes at all 5 leisure sites, providing there's no disruption to other users and no additional cost is incurred by the facility, such as floodlighting.
4. Membership of the SLT FANS scheme is renewable every 6 months pending continued sports performance at a national level and above
5. Each FANS member will be issued a membership card which must be shown at each facility when requiring free access.
6. In return for the benefits FANS members receive, we ask that members make every effort to attend promotional events as requested by any of the participating local authorities or facilities
7. In return for the benefits FANS members receive, we ask that members make every effort wear their free branded and personalised hoody when training and competing.
Full Terms & Conditions of Membership
1. On becoming a member at any Sentinel Leisure Trust (SLT) operated facility you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. The information declared on the Membership Agreement, Direct Debit Agreement and PAR-Q form shall be deemed to be correct. If SLT find this information to be false, the membership will be terminated with immediate effect.
3. Pre-paid membership is valid from the date of issue and is non-refundable. If the membership is cancelled, the joining fee is payable again on renewal of membership.
4. Monthly membership fees are payable in advance by Direct Debit. These payments will be collected on or around the 1st or 15th of the month depending on your signed mandate. These payments are collected on a rolling basis until SLT receive your cancellation in writing (letter, email, internal signed change of status form).
5. SLT requires 30 day notice of cancellation of membership in writing. The 30 day notice period is charged at the time of joining and entitles the customer to a further 30 days period of use from the end of the paid Direct Debit month. The 30 day notice fee is non-refundable. A minimum of 5 working days’-notice is required in writing prior to the Direct Debit request. Refunds will not be given to any person who cancels after the Direct Debit request has been sent.
6. It is the customers’ responsibility to cancel the Direct Debit with their Bank. Refunds will not be given.
7. Administration charges may apply to continued non-payment of Direct Debit requests to a maximum of £15 per rejection.
8. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform SLT of any changes to health and/or fitness that may affect their ability to exercise or use the facilities and changes to their personal circumstances, including marital status, address, telephone numbers and email address.
9. Student Membership – available to those studying a minimum of three days a week excluding Open University and night school. Proof is required at the time of joining and at the start of each academic year. Failure to provide proof will result in the membership being upgraded to a full membership. No refunds will be given.
10. Energised membership is for 12-15year olds (inclusive). Gym usage is restricted for this membership but all other activities are as Terms and Conditions of use at the time of joining. Once the member is 16 years old their membership will expire unless upgraded to a full membership with the corresponding monthly fee. A new induction will be required for the resistance machines. No refunds will be given.
11. Corporate membership – a minimum of 10 employees must be current members to benefit from our corporate rate. Failure in this being the case will result in memberships being changed to full memberships with the corresponding monthly fee being applied. No refunds will be given. Annual proof of employment is required. Initial set up of corporate deals are to be agreed between the corresponding Management / HR responsible persons through a signed Service Level Agreement.
12. Suspended membership option (monthly membership) - allows the member to suspend their membership due to illness, injury, pregnancy or redundancy for a maximum of 6 months, during which time a fee of £5 per month is payable to keep the membership active. Members will not be permitted to use the facilities during this period. Completion of a Freeze Request Form and a valid medical certificate must be produced. This option cannot be back-dated.
13. Suspended membership option (annual memberships) - allows the member to place their membership on hold due to illness, injury, pregnancy or redundancy for a maximum of 6 months. Members will not be permitted to use the facilities during this period. Completion of a Freeze Request Form and a valid medical certificate must be produced. This option cannot be back-dated.
14. NO CARD/WRIST BAND - NO ENTRY. Admission will not be granted unless a valid membership card/band with photographic ID record is presented at reception (swipe/band entry system). Failure to present this will result in full payment being charged for a replacement card/band.
15. Replacement cards will be charged at £5.00 each. Replacement wristbands will be charged at £10.00 each. No refunds of the charges will be given.
16. Membership cards are strictly non-transferable and are solely for the use of the registered member. All membership cards are property of SLT and must be returned upon termination of the membership or expiry of 30 days’ notice. If not returned there will be an additional charge for a replacement card/band at point of future re-joining.
17. Prior to the use of the gym equipment all members are required to complete an induction. Attendance of the session is the responsibility of the member and late arrival may result in re-booking. Please ensure that you wear the appropriate clothing.
18. Studio Class Booking – Members can book onto classes up to a week in advance via the booking terminals on-site or via the appropriate website. At least 24 hours’ notice is required if you are unable to fulfil the booking. If notice is not given on the first and/or second occurrence of inability to fulfil the booking this will result in an official warning. If notice is not given on a third occurrence this will result in a temporary booking ban.
19. SLT reserve the right to vary memberships and prices. Notice will be given in writing via club notice boards and/or email 30 days in advance.
20. SLT reserve the right to vary, revoke and add to these terms and conditions from time to time at their absolute discretion.
21. All members are entitled to use the facilities as stated at the time of joining, subject to availability. In the event of an activity being unavailable no refunds will be given.
22. SLT reserve the right to terminate this agreement if you commit a serious or repeated breach of this agreement or club rules, or if any part of your membership fee remains unpaid 30 days after its due date of payment.
23. SLT does not accept any responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any personal belongings at any/all of the facilities it operates.
Being a FANS membersallows users to access our 5 leisure facilities and have access to swimming, gym, fitness classes and the thermal suites.
FANS is open to sportsmen and sportswomen of all ages who currently perform, or compete in a sport recognised by Sport England and fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
Evidence or confirmation of a performer's involvement at a national level will be required from the appropriate governing body of sport.
FANS membership is open to all sportspeople (including those with disabilities) who meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Reside for the majority of the year in Waveney/Great Yarmouth
2. FANS members must perform in a sport recognised by Sport England at a National level and be recognised in any of the following ways: a members of a national team or squad b listed in the top 10 of any national age group ranking (in sports where gender differences are not recognised this includes being listed in the top 10 females or top 10 males in any age group ranking) b placed in the top 10 in any national age group competition (this includes National Schools competitions, National Universities competitions and other National competitions which are recognised by the National Governing Bodies as part of the sports competition calendar).
3. National Governing Body verification & confirmation that FANS applicants meet the above criteria must be submitted with the application for membership.
If you’re interested in becoming a FANS member, please use the following application form below.
Once form has been completed please email recent and supporting evidence of your involvement in sport at a national level (governing body endorsement if possible) and a recent passport-sized photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot email then please post to Matt Stebbings, Community Sports & Leisure Development Manager, Sentinel Leisure Trust, Waterlane Leisure Centre, Water Lane, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 2NH.
Please note: New membership cards will not be issued until evidence has been verified.FANS Application Form