This page provides our full Terms and Conditions of Membership at our sites. These are often updated to reflect regulatory / service changes.
Please do not...
REPEATED INFRINGEMENT OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE GYM AND COULD RESULT IN YOUR MEMBERSHIP BEING TERMINATED
Terms & Conditions of Membership (v041018)
1. On becoming a member at any Sentinel Leisure Trust (SLT) operated facility you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. The information declared on the Membership Agreement, Direct Debit Agreement and PAR-Q form shall be deemed to be correct. If SLT find this information to be false, the membership will be terminated with immediate effect.
3. Online sign up requires physical proof of ID and authority from the bill payer prior to receiving a membership access card and induction into / use of any facility. Failure in doing so may result in membership being cancelled without refund.
4. Pre-paid membership is valid from the date of issue and is non-refundable. If the membership is cancelled, the joining fee is payable again on renewal of membership.
5. Monthly membership fees are payable in advance by Direct Debit. These payments will be collected on or around the 1st or 15th of the month depending on your signed mandate. These payments are collected on a rolling basis until SLT receive your cancellation in writing (letter, email, internal signed change of status form).
6. SLT requires 30 day notice of cancellation of membership in writing. The 30 day notice period is charged at the time of joining and entitles the customer to a further 30 days period of use from the end of the paid Direct Debit month. The 30 day notice fee is non-refundable. A minimum of 5 working days’-notice is required in writing prior to the Direct Debit request. Refunds will not be given to any person who cancels after the Direct Debit request has been sent.
7. It is the customers’ responsibility to cancel the Direct Debit with their Bank. Refunds will not be given.
8. Administration charges may apply to continued non-payment of Direct Debit requests to a maximum of £15 per rejection.
9. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform SLT of any changes to health and/or fitness that may affect their ability to exercise or use the facilities and changes to their personal circumstances, including marital status, address, telephone numbers and email address.
10. Student Membership – available to those studying a minimum of three days a week excluding Open University and night school. Proof is required at the time of joining and at the start of each academic year. Failure to provide proof will result in the membership being upgraded to a full membership. No refunds will be given.
11. Energised membership is for 12-15year olds (inclusive). Gym usage is restricted for this membership but all other activities are as Terms and Conditions of use at the time of joining. Once the member is 16 years old their membership will expire unless upgraded to a full membership with the corresponding monthly fee. A new induction will be required for the resistance machines. No refunds will be given.
12. Corporate membership – a minimum of 10 employees must be current members to benefit from our corporate rate. Failure in this being the case will result in memberships being changed to full memberships with the corresponding monthly fee being applied. No refunds will be given. Annual proof of employment is required. Initial set up of corporate deals are to be agreed between the corresponding Management / HR responsible persons through a signed Service Level Agreement.
13. Suspended membership option (monthly membership) - allows the member to suspend their membership due to illness, injury, pregnancy or redundancy for a maximum of 6 months, during which time a fee of £5 per month is payable to keep the membership active. Members will not be permitted to use the facilities during this period. Completion of a Freeze Request Form and a valid medical certificate must be produced. This option cannot be back-dated.
14. Suspended membership option (annual memberships) - allows the member to place their membership on hold due to illness, injury, pregnancy or redundancy for a maximum of 6 months. Members will not be permitted to use the facilities during this period. Completion of a Freeze Request Form and a valid medical certificate must be produced. This option cannot be back-dated.
15. NO CARD/WRIST BAND - NO ENTRY. Admission will not be granted unless a valid membership card/band with photographic ID record is presented at reception (swipe/band entry system). Failure to present this will result in full payment being charged for a replacement card/band.
16. Replacement cards will be charged at £5.00 each. Replacement wristbands will be charged at £10.00 each. No refunds of the charges will be given.
17. Membership cards are strictly non-transferable and are solely for the use of the registered member. All membership cards are property of SLT and must be returned upon termination of the membership or expiry of 30 days’ notice. If not returned there will be an additional charge for a replacement card/band at point of future re-joining.
18. Prior to the use of the gym equipment all members are required to complete an induction. Attendance of the session is the responsibility of the member and late arrival may result in re-booking. Please ensure that you wear the appropriate clothing.
19. Studio Class Booking – Members can book onto classes up to a week in advance via the booking terminals on-site or via the appropriate website. At least 24 hours’ notice is required if you are unable to fulfil the booking. If notice is not given on the first and/or second occurrence of inability to fulfil the booking this will result in an official warning. If notice is not given on a third occurrence this will result in a temporary booking ban.
20. By confirming class bookings you are willingly accepting that you are able to partake in vigorous activity; do not suffer from any medical condition/health issue and have sought medical advice. Virtual classes are unsupervised.
21. SLT reserves the right to vary memberships and prices. Notice will be given in writing via club notice boards and/or email 30 days in advance.
22. SLT reserve the right to vary, revoke and add to these terms and conditions from time to time at their absolute discretion.
23. All members are entitled to use the facilities as stated at the time of joining, subject to availability. In the event of an activity being unavailable no refunds will be given.
24. SLT reserve the right to terminate this agreement if you commit a serious or repeated breach of this agreement or club rules, or if any part of your membership fee remains unpaid 30 days after its due date of payment.
25. SLT does not accept any responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any personal belongings at any/all of the facilities it operates.
26. Data protection Clause: I consent to Pulse Fitness and Sentinel Leisure Trust using my personal data for the purpose of processing my application and subsequently managing my membership. I understand that Pulse Fitness and Sentinel Leisure Trust may send me communications by email, SMS, phone and post regarding my membership, bookings I have made and in relation to promotional offers. I understand that I can opt-out of receiving promotional offers at any time. Unless required to do so by law Pulse Fitness and Sentinel Leisure Trust will not share your personal data with any third party.